- This August, Axie Infinity will deploy an upgrade to Axie Marketplace.
- The upgrade will support NFT runes & charms and use the ERC 1155 standard.
- Due to this upgrade, all marketplace listings will be taken down, and players will have to re-list their Axies.
On July 19, Sky Mavis, the creator of Axie Infinity, announced the launch of their recent update, which will be deployed to Axie Marketplace from the next month, i.e. August 2022.
In early August, we will be deploying an important update to the Axie marketplace.— Axie Infinity🦇🔊 (@AxieInfinity) July 18, 2022
The update will enable the marketplace to use the ERC 1155 standard, which will enable support for NFT runes and charms. pic.twitter.com/amMlJFAGmS
The update will allow the marketplace to use the ERC 1155 standard; thus, enabling support for NFT charms and runes. Moreover, there will be performance upgrades that will regulate the rising traffic that accompany periods of expansion and adoption.
To reduce NFT pollution, the listing will be displayed for a maximum of six months. The upgrade will result in the taking down of all marketplace listings. The ones who have Axies listed will re-list them after the upgrade goes up and running.
Signing transactions from the Axie holder is a necessity to migrate the Axie listing. According to Sky Mavis, doing so will be impossible since building a mass re-listing tool increases complexity for the launch as well as takes up development resources that are possible to be used on vital features like upgraded bundles, badges and offers.
The upgrade will act as a needed reset other than leading the way to support NFT runes as well as charms. Below are listed some of the benefits associated with the upgrade:
- Players with listed Axies will return to both re-list and explore the latest updates to Origin.
- Marketplace sales will not be in ‘blackholes.’
- Players will be able to re-assess the listings made in a different market environment.
Sky Mavis is also hosting Lunacian Summer, Axie Infinity’s recent breeding event from July 14 in the Lunacian metaverse. For 50 days, the event will last, thus prohibiting automation breeding during this period.
Launched in 2018, the breeding event has led to an increase in an exceptional generation of breeders and collectors for 2018 and 2019. Furthermore, Mavis is busy in preparation for the Axie Battles V3, the much-awaited game reboot.