- Capital One has filed trademarks to register its name, logo and slogan.
- The company aims to offer metaverse banking and travel agency services.
- Like Capital One, Coinbase has also filed a trademark for its blue ‘C’ logo to cover NFTs and digital assets.
Capital One Financial Corp, the American bank holding company, has filed three new trademarks to take its products and services into Web3. These new trademarks applications include its name- Capital One, its logo and its slogan- What’s in your wallet?
NFT trademark attorney Mike Kondoudis shared the news on his Twitter account.
Capital One Financial has filed 3 trademark applications indicating plans for— Mike Kondoudis (@KondoudisLaw) June 6, 2022
▶️ NFTs + NFT-backed media
▶️ Metaverse banking + financial services
▶️ Metaverse travel services
▶️ Metaverse business software
▶️ Virtual credit cards#NFTs #Metaverse #Web3 #Cryptocurrency pic.twitter.com/GHWtKwcEjq
The Class 9 trademark covers the following:
- Downloadable mobile applications that can manage banking and debit card accounts in the metaverse and other virtual worlds
- Downloadable computer e-commerce software that allow users to conduct electronic business transactions in the metaverse as well as other virtual worlds
- Non-fungible tokens featuring textual and graphic content
- Downloadable music files authenticated by non-fungible tokens in metaverse platforms and augmented reality platforms
- Audio and video recordings featuring memes, movie clips, commercials authenticated by NFTs
- Downloadable image files containing memes, trading cards, advertisements, artistic and creative works authenticated by NFTs
- Downloadable multimedia file containing audio, video, artwork, text authenticated by NFTs in metaverse
Besides these, trademark applications were also made for Classes 35, 36 covering the provision of financial information in the metaverse and other virtual worlds; financial sponsorship of cultural events, charitable events, concerts, sporting events, travel experiences, fine dining events, festivals and awards shows in the metaverse; banking and financing services in the metaverse and other virtual worlds.
Also Read: Filing 2 Trademarks, The DeLorean Enters NFTs & Metaverse
Capital One also plans to expand travel agency services, namely, making reservations and bookings for transportation of passengers and tourists by land, air, and water accessible in the metaverse and in other virtual worlds; creating and hosting an on-line community for digital assets, non-fungible tokens (NFTs), metaverses and virtual worlds; virtual cafe services in the metaverse; and virtual concierge services.
Coinbase has filed a trademark application for its blue “C” logo. The filing covers— Mike Kondoudis (@KondoudisLaw) June 6, 2022
▶️ Marketplaces and auction services for NFTs, digital assets + cryptocollectibles
▶️ Software for buying and selling NFTs, digital assets + cryptocollectibles#NFTs #Cryptocurrencies pic.twitter.com/AFd7t56kWN
Besides Capital One, Coinbase has also filed a trademark application for its blue ‘C’ logo on June 1. The trademark covers marketplaces and auction services for NFTs, digital assets and crypto collectibles and software for buying and selling NFTs, digital assets and crypto collectibles.