Rise in the popularity of NFTs has resulted in the rise of NFT marketplaces. There’s no denying that the market is flooded with dozens of non-fungible tokens marketplaces with each of them having their own niche; finalizing the right non-fungible token marketplace isn’t a piece of cake. After all, while the right marketplace can push towards rewards, stepping into the wrong market can sink one in the pit of losses.
If you have been struggling hard to find the best market to either promote your talent or buy a NFT of your choice, you have come to the right place. Keep all your worries at bay and feast yourself with the top 10 marketplaces to buy and sell NFTs. Let’s begin-
Steer away from fraudulent transactions.
Established in 2017, OpenSea is one of the oldest, broadest and widely used NFT marketplaces. Like its name, it is a sea of every type of NFT, be it photography, arts, sports collectables or music. For anyone who is new in the NFT world, OpenSea could be a great start. Account can be set up without paying any amount and its easy-to-use nature makes it smooth for minting, selling and exploring.
What else? Well, the NFT marketplace now supports Polygon. In simple words, there’s no need to pay any fee while making trades.
- Includes ERC-721 and ERC-1155 tokens.
- Creators and illustrators can develop their items and make own NFT collections using the mining tool.
- Includes all types of NFTs.
- Supports over 150 cryptocurrencies.
- Now uses Polygon blockchain.
2. Nifty Gateway
Trusted by world-famous artists & celebs.
Its nature of collaborating with popular creators, artists, renowned athletes and plush brands has turned Nifty Gateway into one of the most trustworthy NFT marketplaces. Despite being custodial, it is considered as a safe marketplace to buy NFTs as well as a safe marketplace to sell NFTs. Both buying and selling transactions are possible to be carried out through fiat.
Thanks to its impressive sales volume, the platform has become the #1 choice of various celebrities. Yes, The Merge by Pak and Beeple’s CROSSROAD, two of the most expensive NFTs till date were sold on Nifty Gateway.
Why Nifty Gateway?
- Has helped digital artists, like Beeple and musician Grimes taste fame by selling their original work.
- Uses limited Open Editions.
- Offers technical assistance to creators; thereby, making navigation and use of facilities easy.
- Has a stable policy system that values creativity and authenticity.
- Great for new buyers who are not familiar with crypto wallets.
Earn extra income from your creations.
Rarible is a non-fungible token marketplace on Ethereum and is a community-owned platform featuring collectible items and digital artworks. It was founded in 2020 by A. Falin in Russia and attracts media brands, artists who release collection of works, sports and gaming enthusiasts. Rarible allows sellers to create multiple NFTs for artwork and sell them multiple times.
One amazing key feature of this NFT marketplace is that it lets its customers get remuneration whenever their works are sold. Moreover, it has adaptable asset minting ability along with a simple & interactive user interface.
- Has partnership with big brands like Adobe, Yum! Brands and Taco Bell.
- Beginner-friendly, i.e. one need not possess detailed knowledge about crypto or NFTs.
- Is a reputed art-based NFT marketplace.
- Among all the NFT marketplaces, it has one of the highest trading volumes, currently.
- Allows active buyers and sellers not only to vote for platform updates but also be an integral participant and participate in moderation decisions.
4. Axie Infinity
Join hands with the leader in NFT gaming.
A virtual game that allows players to train, fight and gather animated creature, Axie Infinity functions as a non-fungible token marketplace too. Positioning of the marketplace on the top NFT marketplace list for the year 2021 is enough to prove the recognition and craze it has earned in the world of online players. Players can mint, buy and sell Axie and other in-game assets.
Undeniably, one of the hottest crypto markets at the moment, Axie Infinity enables players to earn SLP or Smooth Love Potion crypto tokens and trade them for money.
Why Axie Infinity?
- Being an NFT game, it makes gaming career a stable opportunity.
- Offers meaningful money-making opportunities for full-time gamers.
- Owing to scholarship programs, it is becoming even accessible.
- Beginner-friendly nature makes it easy-to-understand with minimum efforts.
- Profit can be earned by selling Axies on the Axie NFT Marketplace.
Empowers artists to flaunt & sell their work securely.
One of the oldest NFT marketplaces, KnownOrigin offers collectible and rare artworks. Heaven for the art connoisseurs, every digital art on this marketplace is genuine and its released copies are monitored and controlled very carefully. The platform is protected by Ethereum blockchain and requires submitting an application in order to become an artist.
It provides tutorials, videos and guides to provide the needed knowledge and education to the collectors regarding various blockchain ecosystems and how the platform should be used.
- Only best artworks are selected, thus, trading volume is less.
- Best platform for dedicated and established artists.
- Limited NFT drops and organized NFT editions.
- Completely decentralized using the blockchain.
- Secondary sales commission is higher as compared to its counterparts.
Buy & sell rarest of rare single edition artworks.
Unlike other NFT marketplaces drawn towards celebrities, SuperRare is focused totally on credibility and artistic intent. Among all the artists who apply, only 1% are accepted. So, it won’t be wrong to say that acceptance here means joining the league of selective and interesting artworks. In a nutshell, just like its name, SuperRare is exclusively for the passionate artists.
This non-fungible tokens marketplace has a neat editorial that updates latest and most valuable NFTs time-to-time. Every art piece is generated by a network artist and is tokenized as a crypto-collectible digital commodity that can be possessed as well as traded.
- Doesn’t limit creators about anything, i.e. they can portray anything in their art work.
- Acts as a social network; hence, issues like spamming with useless content don’t take place.
- Has a easy-to-use navigate interface.
- Royalties are offered to artists for secondary sales.
- Compared to other NFT marketplaces, enable trading crypto assets with lower fees, better liquidity and enhanced security.
A blend of simple and curated non-fungible marketplace.
If someone asks you, “On which NFT marketplace are the best NFTs sold?” Foundation must be your answer. Among the prominent non-fungible tokens sold here, are- Aplex Twin’s audiovisual collectable and Nyan Cat. As a mandatory condition, a content provider must be invited by another artist, as without an invitation, Foundation can’t be joined.
Unique fact about this platform is that it keeps up with the latest market trends and events. Helping creators display their art, Foundation allows them to view the current bids by the investors. Being an NFT auction platform, it conducts auction by analogy. The one who indicates a higher price gets a piece of work.
- Run by NFT artists.
- Searching and exploring digital art is a smooth experience.
- Has high quality art and projects.
- Despite its launch in early 2021, Foundation has sold more than $100 million NFTs.
- Brings together crypto natives, digital entrepreneurs and collectors.
An ideal choice to earn royalties and understand the market.
Backed by billionaire Mark Cuban, Mintable is the ultimate choice for anyone who is interested in buying and selling each & every kind of NFTs. Non-fungible tokens collector has to buy Ethereum from a crypto exchange followed by connecting the wallet to the NFT marketplace to ease the bidding process and begin the buying journey.
Its decentralized ecosystem allows the users to create as well as sell their own NFTs in legal and secure way. In comparison to other NFT marketplaces, Mintable is an affordable option owing to its gasless minting option.
- Offers an extensive variety for the buyers.
- Both crypto and fiat can be used to buy or sell the unique assets.
- Can be used easily and effortlessly.
- Offers free Mintable university courses.
- Allows creating a unique store to sell the artwork.
A completely new experience awaits here.
A Virtual Reality platform, Decentraland allows creators to create enthralling Avatars besides personalizing the one-of-a-kind scenes and architecture. Created in 2020, the marketplace is filled with fun events like parties, virtual gallery launches and casino nights. Developed on the Ethereum blockchain, it provides both the collectors and creators complete ownership.
Each asset is held in a smart contract that is based on Ethereum; thus, the marketplace is considered as one of the most best and safe. MANA token is used to trade assets on this NFT marketplace.
- Users can monetize their content and applications using the Ethereum network.
- Consumers can involve in land actions and policy revisions.
- Many big names have shown interest in investing in Decentraland.
- Is the first fully-decentralised virtual world.
- Users can control and exchange LAND tokens priced in MANA coins.
10. Binance NFT
The futuristic NFT marketplace is here.
Moving closer towards becoming one of the largest marketplaces, Binance NFT is supported by blockchain. It can be said that this platform is future-proof and might provide valuable partnerships as well as events. Anyone who has Binance tokens can easily access the marketplace. For bidding, BNB, ETH and BUSD can be used. Talking about the sellers, they can deposit ETH or BSC NFTs.
Why Binance NFT?
- Giant and safe NFT marketplace.
- Has low fee of only 1%.
- Popular for gaming NFTs.
- Powered by the Binance blockchain and community, the marketplace provides the greatest liquidity platform to create and trade non-fungible tokens.
- Accepts crypto as well as fiat currencies.
Things to Consider Before Selling & Buying NFTs
- Your NFT will die if your do not advertise it right. Hence, if you are sure about the potential of your NFT, don’t keep it away from advertising. However, maintain your calm and patience.
- Choose the marketplace very cautiously. Having said that, the marketplace must have enough traffic to give your NFT the needed attention. Pay attention to transaction fees too.
- Choose the blockchain technology that has a low minting fee.
- Prior to hitting the sell option, read the terms of the smart contract very carefully and ensure you are satisfied with every point mentioned.
- Set a price that’s neither too high nor too less.
- Do not buy NFTs out of curiosity only. The market is volatile and has low liquidity; hence, ensure you have a purpose to buy.
- Check the properties of the non-fungible token and also check who the creator is. A reputed creator or someone who has history behind the creation is the right choice.
- Buy NFTs from verified sellers only.
- Opt for a marketplace that is affordable as well as offers safety for transactions.
- Ensure that the price for which you are buying the NFT is justified or not.
And this was it! Hopefully, the information shared above will help you in making the right decision and benefit from the NFT world. Though non-fungible tokens have a bright future, take sufficient time to study the marketplaces, weigh the pros & cons, find out how to buy NFTs, how to sell NFTs, the terms & conditions, etc. Upon accomplishing all these prerequisites only take the final step of entering the NFT marketplace.
In the past few years, NFTs have gained immense popularity. As per the stats, NFT marketplace evaluation reached $40 billion in 2021 and looks promising in the current year too. Some of the known and most trustworthy marketplaces are-
· OpenSea: Offers huge asset selection
· Nifty Gateway: Ideal for Rare Drops
· Rarible: One of the best performing marketplaces for NFT Art
· Binance: Known for being the low-fee platform
· Foundation: Genuine NFT Marketplace for elite art
Not one or two but there are a number of well-known NFT marketplaces, such as Rarible, Mintable, OpenSea, Nifty Gateway, Decentraland, etc. Each of these marketplaces supports artists and creators belonging to fields such as arts, music, gaming, collectibles, virtual-assets and entertainment. NFTs can be sold, purchased and created in majority of these marketplaces.
Before you buy an NFT, having a digital wallet is a prerequisite. Next thing on the list is cryptocurrency. As Ethereum is the most used & accepted crypto, you can purchase it from any website that offers NFT. You can transfer it from any crypto exchange too.
As far as selling an NFT is there, you must own an NFT. Important thing to know here is that a seller can mint an NFT via popular platforms like SolSea and OpenSea. Upon minting, the NFT can be listed on a selling website.
Yes, you must pay a certain percentage as fees for buying and selling an NFT. OpenSea, the largest NFT marketplace will cost you 2.5% per transaction. Other marketplaces charge more.
Though there are many good NFTs to buy, but some of the best ones include- Pudgy Penguins, CryptoPunks, Lucky Block NFTs, Axies, Doodles and Autograph.io.