- Durex is ready to enter the metaverse and NFT space with its latest trademark application
- The application was submitted on July 22.
- Durex aims to offer virtual goods, virtual financial services, crypto mining, etc.
In June, Today NFT News reported how one of the top sexual wellness brands has country’s first NFTs in the special coverage, Bobble AI and KamaSutra launch world’s first sexual wellness NFTs.
And now another brand that’s known for being the world’s most reputed condom brand, Durex, has submitted a trademark application to get the best out of NFTs and metaverse.
The application was submitted to the USPTO on July 22 and according to it, the company intends to offer:
- Virtual condoms;
- Financial services associated with digital currency and cryptocurrency;
- Financial services associated with virtual currency;
- Cryptocurrency mining;
- Software platforms to access NFTs, crypto collectibles and other application tokens.
Trademark attorney Michael Kondoudis shared the news on Twitter.
Safe sex in the Metaverse?— Mike Kondoudis (@KondoudisLaw) July 29, 2022
The owner of #DUREX has filed a trademark application for:
▶️ Virtual condoms
▶️ Cryptocurrency mining
▶️ Cryptocurrency + Currency trading
▶️ NFTs + NFT-backed multimedia
▶️ Virtual currency financial services#NFTs #Metaverse #Web3 #Crypto #DeFi pic.twitter.com/5zJLIWrQIa
The sudden increase in trademark filings indicates how the future of Web3 is moving towards expansion day by day. Be it any industry, the evolution of NFTs and metaverse is attracting each one of them alike.