- OpenSea reveals that they will now be auto-indexing the majority of Solana collections, so they appear automatically on OpenSea.
- This marks yet another step on the journey towards an open ecosystem where creators can work on their projects and launch them without any permission or custody.
- OpenSea announces that they will continue to support launches that utilize the Metaplex Certified Collection (MCC) standard.
In a recent announcement made on the official Twitter handle of OpenSea, it was revealed that the biggest NFT marketplace will be auto-indexing the majority of Solana collections so that they can appear on OpenSea automatically. This will allow the creators to stay free of going through a form or any other procedure to show up on the NFT marketplace.
1/ 🧵Hey @Solana community! 👋— OpenSea (@opensea) September 22, 2022
We’ll now be auto indexing the majority of Solana collections so they appear automatically on OpenSea. Yup, no need to go through a form or any other procedure to show up on our marketplace!
OpenSea’s latest move of auto-indexing Solana collections marks yet another step on the journey towards an open ecosystem where you, as a creator, will be able to work on your project and launch it without any permissions and non-custodial.
Well, the Tweet mentioned that it aligns with what crypto was supposed to be. In addition to this, OpenSea mentioned that creators on the marketplace had got two ways to get auto-indexing, and they are:
- They can launch their NFTs on a supported Metaplex CandyMachine version or launchpad
- They can still utilize the Metaplex Certified Collection standard while they create their NFTs.
Continuing the discussion in a Twitter thread, OpenSea revealed that they are aware of the fact that creators also choose to launch their projects on Metaplex CandyMachine or any other launchpad. Well, OpenSea excitedly shared that they, too, have started auto-indexing these as well.
In addition to this, it should be noted that they are continuing to extend support to the launches that make use of the Metaplex Certified Collection (MCC) standard. You must note that MCC is an open standard that is capable of providing an on-chain way to specify that individual NFTs belong to a particular collection.
As a pro tip, OpenSea shared that users can always see if their collection is successfully imported into OpenSea by following the instructions for the creators. They revealed that the users could make the page their own by updating the collection name and images and connecting their socials.