- Ulta Beauty filed a trademark application to enter into NFTs and metaverse.
- The application was registered on October 21.
- The cosmetic industry has shown great interest in Web3 quite recently.
The U.S. based chain of beauty Stores, Ulta Beauty, that has headquarters in Bolingbrook, Illinois, has taken a step into NFT and metaverse space with a trademark application.
Based on the details, the trademark application was submitted on October 21 to the USPTO. Ulta Beauty is looking forward to offer-
- Makeup and cosmetics preparations for selling by and/or for virtual avatars (digital world);
- Online store services and retail store services based on virtual goods;
- Salon services meant to be rendered in or through a virtual or digital world;
- Makeup application services meant to be rendered in or through a virtual or digital world.
Trademark attorney Michael Kondoudis tweeted the news.
ULTA has filed a trademark application claiming plans for:— Mike Kondoudis (@KondoudisLaw) October 26, 2022
▶️ Stores for virtual goods
▶️ Virtual reality game services
▶️ Virtual makeup and salon services
▶️ Virtual cosmetics sold by and/or for virtual avatars
and more!…#NFT #Metaverse #Web3 #UltaBeauty #Ulta pic.twitter.com/hSDTWZxDRg
Previously, Ulta Beauty filed a trademark for ‘ULTAVERSE’ for non-fungible tokens.
Recently, the cosmetic industry has shown great interest in Web 3 applications. For instance, L’Oréal partnered with Meta to establish a startup accelerator program aimed at revolutionary ideas in the metaverse.
Also, in June, Clinique launched its first ever makeup NFT campaign for the promotion of an even inclusive metaverse. A month before, NYX Professional Makeup launched “Paint Your Own Story,” its Pride 2022 campaign to step into the metaverse with a unique virtual meta-pride parade.