- HSBC Bank has filed trademark applications for its name and logo.
- ITV Studios is looking forward to taking The Voice in the metaverse via a trademark application.
- Both HSBC and The Voice have been into Web3 earlier as well.
HSBC filed trademark applications on December 15 with the USPTO. The applications have been filed for the bank’s name and logo with an aim to embrace both NFTs and the metaverse.
HSBC, according to the trademark applications, will offer:
- Virtual goods such as cash cards, debit cards, bank cards, cheque cards, etc. to be used online as well as in online virtual worlds.
- Financial details in the metaverse.
- Processing of virtual debit cards, virtual payment card transactions, virtual credit cards, and virtual prepaid cards in the metaverse.
- Performances and events in the metaverse in sectors like non-fungible tokens, finance, and cryptocurrency.
The news was shared by trademark attorney Michael Kondoudis on Twitter.
#HSBC has filed trademark applications for its name and logo. The applications indicate plans for:— Mike Kondoudis (@KondoudisLaw) December 23, 2022
▶️ Digital media backed by NFTs
▶️ Virtual currency exchange + transfer
▶️ Virtual credit card processing
…and more!#NFTs #Metaverse #Cryptocurrency #Blockchain #Crypto pic.twitter.com/RK1yegoYIh
HSBC isn’t the first financial institution or bank to dive into NFTs and the metaverse. Last month, Digital asset bank Sygnum began NFT issuance, custody & consulting.
In October, Seba Bank launched a regulated custody platform to store NFTs. Moreover, in September, DBS Bank collaborated with The Sandbox to establish ‘BetterWorld’ metaverse with an aim to show the value of developing a better as well as sustainable world.
On the same day as HSBC, ITV Studios, also filed a trademark application for ‘The Voice Metaverse.’ With the trademark, the goal is to offer:
- Virtual perfumes and clothing
- Stores for virtual goods
- Non-fungible tokens trading environments
- Metaverse-based entertainment services
The news was shared on Twitter by Michael Kondoudis.
#THEVOICE in the metaverse?#ITVStudios has filed a US trademark application for— Mike Kondoudis (@KondoudisLaw) December 23, 2022
▶️ THE VOICE METAVERSE
claiming plans for
✅Virtual clothing + perfumes
✅NFT trading environments
✅Stores for virtual goods
✅Metaverse entertainment services
…and more!#NFTs #Metaverse pic.twitter.com/LU4ZakhXk1
In November, The Voice officially entered the Decentraland Metaverse Music Festival.